Since 1990, the University of Connecticut American English Language Institute (UCAELI), has provided English instruction to more than 3,000 students from countries throughout the world. UCAELI supports all students in pursuit of their goals by providing high quality instruction and access to the university's academic, professional, social and cultural resources. We look forward to welcoming you to our international community of language learners. Since 2002, UCAELI's intensive english program has been accredited by the American Association of Intensive English Program and the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
- To provide students with quality language instruction that enables the achievement of their personal, academic and professional goals.
- To maximize our students' access to UConn's educational, cultural and community resources.
- To assist our students in their transition to mainstream academic courses.
- To support university-wide needs for specialized English programs and services, including language instruction.
- To provide our students and community with opportunities for international experiences and learning.