- Use the Online ADMISSION Application to apply to UCAELI for IEP, PLUS. Note: The Online Application requires payment with a credit card.
Note: All applicants must submit a $150 application fee. If you did not submit this payment please go to the UConn Payment Store.
- Complete the I-20 request on the ISSS website. You will need to prepare the following documents:
- UConn Financial Declaration form.pdf
- Proof of funding documentation (example: Bank Statement) to support the Financial Declaration Form. Visit the ISSS website for funding support documentation guidelines and to view estimated cost of attendance.
- A copy of your passport and the passports of any dependents you are bringing with you.
- Complete placement exams sent to you by UCAELI
- Pay the $350 enrollment deposit using the UConn Payment Store. Please note that the enrollment deposit is non-refundable. You will not receive your I-20 until you pay the enrollment deposit.
- UCAELI will mail you your I-20 when it is complete.
The enrollment deposit is a $350 deposit required of all new and returning UCAELI students. This deposit guarantees your place in the upcoming session. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you choose not come to the program at UCAELI, you will not get your money back. Also, if you choose to defer your acceptance to UCAELI you will need to pay the enrollment deposit again.
Deposits can be made here. Note you must have a credit card to make the payment.
We do not have an official deadline to apply to UCAELI, but we recommend that if you require a student visa that you apply at least 3 months in advance. Since it will take time to create and send your documents and you may have to wait for 1-2 months for a visa appointment it is best to apply 3 months in advance.
If housing is required, we strongly recommend applying at least 3 months in advance as well. Housing is limited and in high demand at UConn and goes quickly!
UCAELI is located at the University of Connecticut’s main campus in Storrs. Storrs is located in rural northeastern Connecticut (CT) USA. Storrs is conveniently located with access to several major cities.
Time to Reach Storrs:
- New York City – 2 hours 45 minutes
- Boston – 1 hour 35 minutes
- Hartford, CT – 40 minutes
- New Haven, CT – 1 hour 15 minutes
- Stamford, CT – 2 hours
- Danbury, CT – 1 hour 40 minutes
There are free campus shuttles for UConn/UCAELI students. Shuttles travel around the campus bringing students from parking lots, off campus apartments and the university’s Depot Campus to campus to the center of campus. For the schedules and routes visit: UConn Transportation Services and click on Bus Schedules.
The WRTD bus travels from Storrs to Willimantic. Willimantic is the next city closest to Storrs. Willimantic offers the East Brook Mall and movie theater, several supermarkets for food shopping and access to many apartment complexes. The WRTD bus is FREE for all UConn/UCAELI students with a valid student I.D.
Our building is marked RR on the map, located in square D6. South Parking Garage is located behind the UConn Co-op, marked COOP on the map, located in square D-7
Peter Pan Bus Lines and MegaBus Lines
There are buses that arrive daily from Hartford, New York City and Boston.
- Hartford – Storrs/Storrs – Hartford: two departures daily
- New York – Storrs/Storrs – New York: two departures daily
- Boston – Storrs/Storrs – Boston: four departures daily
* Please Note: Even though buses are arriving everyday from Hartford the earliest arrival time is 1:10 pm. This means that it will be impossible to use the Peter Pan bus as a commuter bus to campus because you will arrive too late to attend morning classes. For more information about public transit in Connecticut please visit http://www.cttransit.com/
From Bradley Airport (BDL)
The easiest way to arrive at UCAELI is to fly into Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Hartford/Springfield. From Bradley UCAELI can arrange an airport pick up service from Avalon Limo to bring you to the University of Connecticut.
To arrange for airport pickup please contact Alexandra Schipani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Airport pickup costs approximately $120 and students should pay UCAELI upon arrival. If this service is needed, please request at least one week in advance.
From Kennedy Airport (JFK)
Option 1 From Kennedy Airport (JFK) in New York take the AIR TRAIN to Jamaica Station (the last stop). At Jamaica Station transfer to the “E” Line (Blue Line). Take the “E” Line all the way to Manhattan and exit at “42 Street – Port Authority Bus Terminal” Take the Peter Pan bus from New York Port Authority Bus Terminal to Storrs, University of Connecticut. The ticket is $29.00.
For a map of the NYC subway system please click here.
Option 2 Take a Taxi from JFK Airport to New York Port Authority Bus Terminal on 42nd St. Take the Peter Pan bus from New York Port Authority Bus Terminal to Storrs, University of Connecticut. The ticket is $29.00.
From Logan Airport (BOS)
From Logan Airport (BOS) in Boston take the Peter Pan bus to Storrs, University of Connecticut. Pick up the bus outside of Terminals A, B, C, E. The ticket costs $38.50 and you should pay the driver in exact change. Tell the driver you need to go to Storrs, UConn.
UCAELI students living off campus will be able to park their cars on campus. You will need to bring the following documents to the Parking Services office:
- a letter from the UCAELI office to prove that you are enrolled in classes
- UCONN student ID
- US or International Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
The fee for parking at UCONN changes each semester. The Parking Services office is located in the Central Stores Warehouse (WARE) in square C-13 on the campus map.
For more information or for a parking map please visit Parking Services.
Can I live on campus?
Yes! Many UCAELI students live on campus. To live on campus, accepted students must fill out a housing application. In order to secure housing, students must fill out the housing form as soon as possible after being accepted and by the housing deadline. Accepted students will be notified of the housing application deadline. Students are not able to select which dormitory they will be placed in. Students may be placed in a single, double or triple room. Some dormitories have shared kitchens. Students who live in dormitories without kitchens are required to purchase a full meal plan.
Click here for a map of Residence Halls on campus
Can I live off campus?
For information on apartments and rentals off campus please visit UConn’s Off Campus Housing site.
Another off-campus option is homestay. UCAELI offers a limited number of homestay placements each semester. In a homestay, students live with a local family. Please be aware that Storrs is a rural area. There is limited off-campus housing that is in walking distance or on the bus line. Often students will need a car to live off-campus.
All full-time international students at UCAELI are required to purchase health insurance from the University of Connecticut. UConn provides insurance from CHP Student Health and the fee for medical insurance is $1,346 per semester. For more information about student medical insurance at the University of Connecticut please visit CHP Student Health. The only exception to this rule is students with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) Scholarship which provides AETNA insurance.
One of the benefits of CHP Student Health plan is that all medical procedures, related to an accident or illness, performed at the UConn Infirmary (Student Health Services) will be covered 100% under this insurance plan. Laboratory tests, x-rays and prescription medications are some of the benefits available under the plan. Always use the UConn infirmary first if possible. If you visit a doctor outside of UConn, you may be asked for additional information and it is very important that you respond in a timely manner (quickly) for your claim to be processed. For a list of mandatory immunization requirements please visit the Student Health Services’ immunizations page.
This link provides a translation tool for all vaccines: www.immunize.org
***Please note: all UCAELI students are required to submit the Student Health History Form prior to the start of their program.