Immigration FAQs

If you will be studying full-time at UCAELI and the purpose of your visit in the U.S. is to study English, then you will need to obtain an F-1 student visa before arriving.

A full course of study in UCAELIā€™s IEP is defined as 22 hours per week. Students on an F-1 student visa are required to maintain a full course of study.
Individuals in the U.S. on visitor or F-2 dependent visas are not eligible to study at UCAELI.

If your visa is rejected we can defer you to the next session and you can try again. In order to defer you must complete the following steps:

  1. Notify UCAELI that your visa has been rejected
  2. Contact ISSS at <a href=””></a> to let them know that you will need a new I-20 with a later start date
  3. If you applied for housing, you will need to contact Residential Life at <a href=””></a>