UCAELI’s online program combines English Language Instruction
with academic content to prepare students for academic success in a US university.
Classes available for high beginner – advanced level students.
An I-20 will not be issued for the Online Academic English Program
Outstanding Features of the Online Academic English Program
- Students will develop listening and speaking skills, improve vocabulary and grammar, and develop academic writing skills.
- Daily real-time interactions with English Instructors and classmates.
- Conversation Partner Sessions connect online students with University of Connecticut students, faculty, and staff to practice speaking skills, learn about US culture, and create new connections.
- Quality course curriculum used with UConn’s conditional admission program.
Language Learning and Study Skills
In the Online Academic English Program, students will learn how to:
- Write an academic paper.
- Participate in an online environment and prepare for university classroom discussions.
- Develop effective presentation skills in English.
- Develop analytical skills that are crucial for academic success in the United States.
- Listening and Speaking
- Reading and Writing
- Certificate of Participation is provided to all students who complete the required coursework.
- UCAELI’s Proficiency Certificate is awarded to students who complete the program with a CEFR proficiency score of B2 or higher in all skill areas (listening, speaking, reading, writing, strategies). UCAELI’s Proficiency Certificate may be used in lieu of a TOEFL or IELTS test to satisfy the English proficiency requirement at select universities.
- Certificates available upon successful completion of the program.